problem with phpmyadmin

Rafa Pedroche lists at ruby-forum.com
Tue Apr 27 16:01:01 MSD 2010

Hi all,

I have read all the topics in the forum related with problems
nginx<->phpmyadmin but I cannot fix this ...

PHP works ok (phpinfo test working) but when access phpmyadmin I get the
following error:

"Error: Cannot start session without errors please check errors given in
your PHP and For webserver log file and configure your PHP installation
properly."

I have instaled phpmyadmin o

PHPMYADMIN.conf:

server {

        listen *:80;

        server_name     www.testdomain.com;

        access_log /usr/local/nginx/logs/phpmyadmin.access_log;
        error_log /usr/local/nginx/logs/phpmyadmin.error_log;

        location / {
                root   /var/www/html/PHPMYADMIN;
                index index.php;

                # if file exists return it right away
                if (-f $request_filename) {
                        break;
                }

                # otherwise rewrite the fucker
                if (!-e $request_filename) {
                        rewrite ^(.+)$ /index.php$1 last;
                        break;

        location ~ .php$
        {
                fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9000;
                fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME
/var/www/html/PHPMYADMIN$fastcgi_script_name;
                fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $fastcgi_script_name;
                include /usr/local/nginx/conf/fastcgi_params;

NGINX.conf:

user  nginx;
worker_processes  6;

events {
    worker_connections  1024;
}

http {
    include       mime.types;
    default_type  application/octet-stream;
    sendfile        on;
    keepalive_timeout  10 10;

#    gzip  on;
#    gzip_comp_level 1;
#    gzip_proxied any;
#    gzip_types text/plain text/html text/css application/x-javascript
text/xml application/xml application/xml+rss text/javascript;

gzip on;
gzip_proxied any;
gzip_vary on;
gzip_disable "MSIE [1-6]\.";
gzip_http_version 1.1;
gzip_min_length 10;
gzip_comp_level 9;
gzip_types text/plain application/xhtml+xml text/xml application/xml
application/xml+rss text/css application/x-javascript text/javascript;

        log_format main '$remote_addr - $remote_user [$time_local] '
                  '"$request" $status  $body_bytes_sent "$http_referer"
'
                  '"$http_user_agent" "$http_x_forwarded_for"';

        access_log  /var/log/nginx_access.log  main;

        error_log  /var/log/nginx_error.log debug;

        include /usr/local/nginx/sites-enabled/*;

What's wrong? Thank you in advance.

R.P.