Equivalent of Apache's SetEnv Variable

Michael Shadle mike503 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 03:34:56 MSD 2010

yeah, var_dump($_SERVER) - should show you normal variables.

Do you see $_SERVER['HTTPS']?

I think the key location you're missing is putting it in here:

location ~ \.php$ { ## Execute PHP scripts
        expires			off; ## Do not cache dynamic content
        fastcgi_param	HTTPS $fastcgi_https;
        fastcgi_param	SCRIPT_FILENAME  $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
        fastcgi_param	PATH_INFO $fastcgi_script_name;
        fastcgi_pass	127.0.0.1:9000;
        fastcgi_index	index.php;
        include			fastcgi_params; ## See /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params

try adding these?

             fastcgi_param  MAGE_RUN_CODE  base;
             fastcgi_param  MAGE_RUN_TYPE  website;

    }

FYI, I was not aware of an $fastcgi_https variable. If there is one,
that is awesome and I need to add that to my fastcgi_params - it
should be default as most apps seem to rely on $_SERVER['HTTPS']

I am going to go look if it exists or not :)