Equivalent of Apache's SetEnv Variable

Michael Shadle mike503 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 04:21:18 MSD 2010

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 4:45 PM, Raina Gustafson <raina at thequeensmen.com> wrote:
> Ok, great. I just noticed that the Magento config listed on the Nginx
> Wiki is way different than the one I'd grabbed from the Magento
> forums. I'll wade through those differences in a little while and see
> if I can reconcile them intelligently.
>
> I don't have a solid understanding of this stuff - so allow yourself
> to be inspired by anything I post at your own risk. :) Trial and error
> is my major MO.
>
> Thanks for your insight, Michael.

I have to say that that config you were using seemed extremely
overkill. However, depending on how Magento is designed (and I haven't
heard a lot of positive feedback about it) it could require a lot of
oddball configuration.

What I've realized over the couple years I've been using nginx is that
most people overengineer their configuration. I hardly ever need more
than a few lines of special sauce for anything I've ran in nginx. Of
course, I'm a minimalist.