Sensible Performance/Growth Strategies?

Hone Watson hone at codingstore.com
Thu Aug 5 03:53:21 MSD 2010

I would say you can run Magento with APC, php-fpm and easily server a
few hundred visitors per day on 512mb on a Debian/Ubuntu/FreeBsd
build.  I have a set up on the same spec and Magento can serve fresh
pages in less than a second (which is still very slow for a cms but
much faster for Magento on Apache etc).  You should be able to serve a
few thousand page views a day comfortably on a set up like this.

You can use Nginx FastCgi Cache instead of Varnish.

I haven't tried Memcached with Magento.