rewrite flags & apache

Chuck Young see.why at austin.rr.com
Fri Aug 6 22:46:08 MSD 2010

Hi,

I've searched the online docs, forum & google and still need some
clarification.

As I understand it, the nginx rewrite flags "last" and "break" differ in that
the "last" flag will stop all *rewrite* processing and search for the
resulting URI, whereas the "break" flag will stop *all* processing, including
for instance searching for "location" directives, and fetch the (rewritten)
URI.  This is what I gather from the example here:

http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxHttpRewriteModule#rewrite

If this is correct, then is it also correct that the "last" ("[L]") flag for
apache rewrites corresponds directly to nginx's "last" flag?  See:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_rewrite.html#rewriterule

thx
cy