High CPU Load by php-cgi

Jim Ohlstein jim at ohlste.in
Sat Aug 7 03:00:13 MSD 2010

On 8/6/10 6:50 PM, Sina wrote:
> hello ,
> i configured nginx with php-cgi but a problem is now happening and my
> CPU Load is high but there is not high requests....
> rather when visitors start leeching(rapidleech) php-cgi starts making
> highly loads...
> look this screenshot :
>
>   [img]http://host16.globat.com/files/2j992a5506h5obmaahfb.png[/img]
>
> i dont know why php-cgi makes highly CPU Load average .....
>
> have you any problem like this ??
> please help me !!

The problem is almost certainly RapidLeech and not your set up. So long
as you are transferring/zipping files that will consume large amounts of
CPU. Downloading large files can take significant amounts of time.

We don't allow RapidLeech to be installed on our servers for this
reason, and for the potential legal issues associated with illegal file
transfers.

--
Jim Ohlstein