If-Unmodified-Since

Jeff Mitchell jeff at jefferai.org
Thu Dec 2 15:47:40 MSK 2010

On 12/02/2010 07:28 AM, Igor Sysoev wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 07:56:56PM -0500, Jeff Mitchell wrote:
>
>> It appears from documentation and Googling that nginx supports the
>> If-Modified-Since header but not the If-Unmodified-Since header; are
>> there any plans to add support?
>
> nginx does not support If-Unmodified-Since.
> I believe it's easy to add it, but are clients which support the header ?

I don't know an exhaustive list, but I do know that cURL supports it,
which means any program using it for downloads (lots) or using libcurl
(lots) support it. urlib4 supports it as well. I believe wget does too.

I would guess most dedicated downloaders/download accelerators also
support it.

Thanks,
Jeff