Nginx proxy truncates large file downloads to 1.1G

Michael Shadle mike503 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 04:32:10 MSK 2010

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Duane Mulder <duanemulder at rattyshack.ca> wrote:

> So nginx so far has been running great. Today however I discovered that
> when downloading a file larger than 1G (ie 1.5G)  it will always fail
> leaving the client with a file of 1.1G and an incomplete download. If I
> point directly to the webserver the download completes properly.
> Downloading over a slow or local or fast link does not change the
> problem. Its the file size that appears to be causing the issue. Any
> size of file download which is under 1G works and downloads with no issues.

I have to ask - you've tried this on multiple client machines? You're
sure it's not the local browser/browser cache/local disk space/temp
space/etc? :) Sometimes the small things are to blame

(also server swap space, server temp space [in case it needed to keep
it on disk somewhere temporarily, etc, etc])

Just my two cents if you're waiting for a response and haven't checked
those silly things out ("why is my server acting up?" and later you
realize you're out of disk space, that's why...)