nginx: [emerg]: unknown "secure_download" variable

Robert La Ferla robert.laferla at o-ms.com
Tue Dec 7 19:27:01 MSK 2010

Sorry I didn't include those but they ARE in the file.  Here's a bigger
snippet of our config:

     # HTTPS server
     #
     server {
         listen       ouripaddressandport
         server_name  ourserver

   sendfile                 on;

  ## TCP options
   tcp_nopush  on;
   tcp_nodelay on;

         access_log  logs/https.access.log  main;

         ssl                  on;
         ssl_certificate     ourcert
         ssl_certificate_key  ourkey

         ssl_session_timeout  5m;

         ssl_protocols  SSLv2 SSLv3 TLSv1;
         ssl_ciphers
ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:!HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP;
         ssl_prefer_server_ciphers   on;

         location / {
             root   html;
             index  index.html index.htm;
         }

         location /secure {
             secure_download on;
             secure_download_secret oursecret;
             secure_download_path_mode file;
             secure_download_fail_location /error.html;

             if ($secure_download = "-1") {
                rewrite /expired.html break;
             }
             if ($secure_download = "-2") {