Custom page for 400 (Bad Request)

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Tue Dec 14 20:12:21 MSK 2010

Hello!

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 10:16:11AM -0500, Denis wrote:

> I have a decent number of hits with very large cookies. It was a bug of
> our application and it's fixed now, but we have to do something with
> these clients, because all they are seeing now is the standard 400 Bad
> Request page. I tried adding
>
> [code]
> error_page  400              /errors/400.html;
> [/code]
>
> hoping that I would delete the cookies by javascript or some other way,
> but I still get the standard page and connection reset.
>
> Is there any way to override that or is there any other way to flush
> those huge cookies?

This should be added to default server, as error 400 is generated
before any server_name matching occurs.

Note that you may also bump client_header_buffer_size /
large_client_header_buffers if you want cookies in question to be
actually accepted and processed (this should be done in default
server, too, or at http level).

http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpCoreModule#large_client_header_buffers