Freenode #nginx (IRC channel): needs owner (halp please, Igor)

merlin corey merlincorey at dc949.org
Tue Feb 2 01:23:07 MSK 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Payam Chychi <pchychi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why dont you guys move on a better server like Undernet? I know a few
> admins that can always help out in an event that we hit some issues
>
> -Payam

... and this is precisely why I opened this up :D.

Whether a network is "better" for someone in particular involves a
wide range of factors.  For example, I prefer efnet but I'm the only
one in #nginx there.

The major benefits of freenode, as I see them are:
  Everyone already there (115 nicks right now)
  Proximity to other, related projects (this is ##php's problem type of thing)

Freenode certainly has its downsides, and I'm not married to it, but
moving 115 people to another channel on the same network is hard
enough - moving them to another network even harder!

-- Merlin