proxy_cache ramdisk

Ryan Malayter malayter at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 01:45:51 MSK 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 10:00 AM, AMP Admin <admin at ampprod.com> wrote:

> So this is only caching gif|jpg|jpeg|png|pdf|swf|flv|mp3|mp4|wmv?  That's almost exactly what I want.

No it is caching anything that is marked as publicly cachable with
Cache-Control or Expires headers on the upstream. I am just removing
the "Accept-Encoding: gzip" for image requests because I do not want
to cache both compressed and uncompressed versions (since they are
already compressed).

> Upstream backend is the ip address of what nginx is running on?  This box has 4 IPs for 4 different sites, should I list them all in upstream backend?

No the upstream block has the IP addresses of the web servers nginx is
proxying and load-balacing to (IIS in this case running ASP.net
applications).

--
RPM