X-Accel-Redirect error:Value too large for defined data type

Kev Yau lists at ruby-forum.com
Wed Feb 3 21:22:13 MSK 2010

Using REE 1.8.7, rails 2.3.5, with phusion passenger 2.2.9 and nginx
just setup X-Accel-Redirect, to replace the send_data and send_file
calls on our web app, however, we seem to be getting an error for pdf
and rtf documents which are greater than 10kb, Therefore pdf/rtf
downloads to the browser are incomplete and won't open.

The error logs showing in the nginx errors.log displays:
"(75: Value too large for defined data type in nginx error log)"

The pdf/rtf documents are no greater than around 350kb, hardly anything
at all.

tried declaring the "response.headers['Content-Size]" to the size of the
pdf/rtf and also in the nginx.conf, set the "client_max_body_size" to
50M.

Any ideas?