Amazon S3 authentication patch

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Thu Feb 4 15:10:54 MSK 2010

Hello!

On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 09:33:21AM +0100, Vicente Aguilar wrote:

> I've modified the proxy module to be able to authenticate with
> Amazon S3. It also supports the secure download patch by
> removing the trailing ticket (MD5/timestamp) from the URL.

I believe better aproach would be to build separate module able to
calculate required hash and then use proxy_set_header with
appropriate variable.

Note well: rigth now this should be possible with embedded perl.
Though I think having embedded perl compiled into nginx just for
this isn't a good idea, and C implementation whould be safer and
faster.

[...]