Regular expressions in server_name: pattern length

Michael Shadle mike503 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 02:31:14 MSK 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 3:18 PM, Maxim Dounin <mdounin at mdounin.ru> wrote:

> Uhm, pcre 4.0 was released in 2003.  Even redhat should have it
> already.

pcre-devel-6.6-2.el5_1.7
pcre-6.6-2.el5_1.7
pcre-6.6-2.el5_1.7
pcre-devel-6.6-2.el5_1.7

hmm. But for some reason it didn't like your syntax. I did change to
the old style after $1 didn't work and it did work, but I realized
that my browser forced lowercase and I need to be able to work some
magic. So after all of this work I'm winding up pushing it all to a
PHP wrapper so I can do some URL altering...

thanks. I -did- get it to work using the old regex syntax and named
captures, but wound up having to change it all anyway :)