nginx + wordpress rewrite question

Hone Watson hone at codingstore.com
Tue Feb 9 08:59:22 MSK 2010

Wordpress uses post_name for queries from the url.  Out of the box it
only supports hyphens and not underscores.  You need to also change
your permalink settings in wordpress admin Settings > Permalinks.

The rewrite only needs to use try_file conf as outlined in the
wordpress config on wiki.nginx.org.   That or:

error_page 404 /index.php?q=$uri;

You can probably do something like this at best:

/blog/my-blog-post-title-49
or
/blog/my-blog-post-title-49.html