Setting memcache keys in eval block

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 06:24:22 MSK 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 5:40 PM, agentzh <agentzh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Oops, my bad! new subrequests issued by
> echo_location/echo_location_async in an eval block will not work at
> all because ngx_eval's output filter cannot capture its
> sub-sub-request's output.
>
> Sorry about that. My fork of ngx_eval is currently limited to content
> handlers and output filters that do not issue subrequests themselves.

I suddenly realized last night that I can fix this by walking through
the r->parent chain to find the "sentinel subrequest" (or "top-level
subrequest") that is issued directly by the ngx_eval module and the
corresponding ctx object (if any). This also applies to the
ngx_srcache module that I've been working on, which also needs to
capture response in an output filter.

Cheers,
-agentzh