Nginx calls post body handler with no content?

Tronman nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Feb 16 19:14:46 MSK 2010

Hey folks,

Is there something which might cause Nginx to call the post body handler (set with ngx_http_read_client_request_body) before it actually reads the body? Maybe like a timeout or something?

I've been analyzing traffic with tcpdump, and most of the time, I see:

1. Headers (with content length)
2. Body (of content length size)
3. Response

but sometimes my handler gets a garbled buffer, and when I look in the tcpdump log I see:

1. Headers (with content length)
2. Response (an error since it doesn't have the body)
3. Response Body
4. An error for the response body because it thinks it's a request that doesn't make sense.

I thought if maybe there was a timeout set somewhere, it returns without actually reading the request (if it was slow in coming) for some reason. But I can't find a setting for anything like that anywhere.

If you have any advice, let me know! Thanks.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,55098,55098#msg-55098