Lots of CLOSE_WAIT sockets, nginx+php (WordPress site)

Vicente Aguilar bisente at bisente.com
Mon Feb 22 22:25:20 MSK 2010

Hi

> Do you also had CLOSE_WAIT sockets which
> fastcgi_ignore_client_abort off?

Have changed it to off after your previous mail and still haven't seen a single CLOSE_WAIT socket. Anyway the site doesn't really have that much traffic and today I haven't tried to stress it. Will keep and eye on it and tomorrow will try to reproduce it again.

> By "stuck" you mean sockets in CLOSE_WAIT state?  It's expected
> that there is no CLOSE_WAIT sockets between nginx and php.

Well, I thought that if the CLOSE_WAIT sockets on the browser-nginx end are really caused by PHP, there should be another somehow blocked connection on the nginx-PHP end, but that's not the case.

Regards

--
  Vicente Aguilar <bisente at bisente.com> | http://www.bisente.com