question about access_log buffer size

yong xue ultraice at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 08:16:04 MSK 2010

hi,all

The *access_log* directive sets the path, format and buffer size for the
access log file. Using "off" as the only parameter clears all
*access_log* directives
for the current level. If the format is not indicated, it defaults to
"combined" <http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxHttpLogModule#log_format_combined>.
The size of buffer must not exceed the size of the atomic record for writing
into the disk file. This size is not limited for FreeBSD 3.0-6.0.

this is quoted from wiki.nginx.org.
My server is running linux 2.6.16.
I dont know the size of the atomic record for writing into the disk file.
Can somebody help me?

I googled, but cannot make sure that  the linux write system call is atomic.

--
Best Regards,

薛 勇

QQ:312200