In-process key/value (session) store option. . .?

Ryan Malayter malayter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 16:48:49 MSK 2010

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 11:55 PM, agentzh <agentzh at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 12:43 PM, David Dabbs <dmdabbs at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  * Search an in-process hashtable using a value from a request parameter or
>> header. (think session cache with expiry)
>>  * If the key is not found, then call out to some distributed cache backend
>> (e.g. Memcached, Redis, Tokyo) to get the value.
>>  * Add a new request header with the fetched value.
>>  * Proxy forward the request upstream.

Why wouldn't you have the upstream application handle this? It
certainly seems to be an application-layer task to me.

Can you not modify the code for the upstream application? Forcing
session-state management (or whatever it is you're trying to do) into
the stateless HTTP layer (nginx) doesn't make a lot of sense, and is
likely to be complicated and cumbersome.
--
RPM