High Load configuration question

Volodymyr Kostyrko c.kworr at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 01:54:25 MSK 2010

Tronman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been playing around with writing an nginx module and trying to configure it to run at high load (testing with the curl-loader tool). My bench mark is the http-static-module, that is, I want to run at least as much load on my module as the static module can without errors. I'm also (for now) keeping the default number of worker processes (1) and worker connections (1024), but more on that later.

What did you exactly know about buffers and picking up connections?

This all sounds like your module is taking focus and computes something
for a long time (more than 10 msec) without giving focus back. This way
when buffers are full there's no one to pick connections from them so
any connection will time out without response. It's just because your
module is written so.

You can:

1. On FreeBSD you can try to increase kern.ipc.somaxconn. I bet 8192
would be enough for your test. This is socket backbuffer which can cache
connections before server actually accepts them.

2. Try shed some light on your module internals. Right now I can only
say that you certainly messed something inside main loop but can't tell
you what and why.

--
Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.