Implementing a non-blocking delay between request and response

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 04:47:29 MSK 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 3:26 AM, Tronman <nginx-forum at nginx.us> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to implement a non blocking delay between when a request comes into a module, and when it is responded too.

Heh, it reminds me of the echo_sleep and echo_blocking_sleep
directives in the ngx_echo module:

    http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxHttpEchoModule#echo_sleep

The former is a non-blocking sleep using custom events and timers.
There's a known issue though. I should have registered a request
cleanup handler to remove my own timers when requests abort
abnormally.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
-agentzh

P.S. I've cc'd the nginx-devel mailing list.