SSL Conflict Between Two Virtual Hosts

jasonago nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Jan 19 17:59:29 MSK 2010

Hello again, thanks for the explanations I understand enough.

BUT I discovered that it is still possible to serve two different ssl certs for two different domain with only single IP address.

Traditionally as explained by the previous posts, the setup of vhosts in nginx should be: (I got lazy to post my nginx server directives so I shortcut it to the following)
domainA + IP-addressA + SSLcertA + port443 and
domainB + IP-addressB + SSLcertB + port443

And the following will be in conflict as I described in the start topic:
domainA + IP-addressA + SSLcertA + port443 and
domainB + IP-addressA + SSLcertB + port443

But I was able to work on the following configuration as a desperate hack to use two different ssl certs with same IP address by listening to two different ports:
domainA + IP-addressA + SSLcertA + port443 and
domainB + IP-addressA + SSLcertB + port444

Well, I just need to instruct critical parts of some PHP programs out there to append port 444 on the urls so as not to break urls.

Hehe, I guess its a desperate setup since I'm short of buying either a wildcard ssl OR setup and maintain two cloud server for two domains...

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,42666,43050#msg-43050