Any way to read file contents into a variable?

Marcus Clyne ngx.eugaia at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 10:57:15 MSK 2010

Hi,

arianna wrote:
> want to store urls (locations) in files and issue redirects based on file contents.  $request_body looks like it's only available on proxy...

The eval module is probably what you want here -

http://github.com/vkholodkov/nginx-eval-module

I would suggest storing the URLs in a memcached server rather than on
file (or do both and check the file only if the memcached version isn't
available).

You might also want to look at the memc module in order to do the
setting of the memcached variable using Nginx (rather than a backend
application).

http://github.com/agentzh/memc-nginx-module

Marcus.