nCache, Varnish Performance

Ryan Malayter malayter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 02:07:34 MSK 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 9:57 PM, princeap <nginx-forum at nginx.us> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anybody has done Performance between nCache, Varnish and Nginx's proxy_cache?
>
> Is nCache and Varnish far better than proxy_cache?

I would say it likely doesn't matter if your cache is on a dedicated
boxes... any of those (or even Squid) will likely be able to fill a
Gigabit pipe with static content assuming they have enough RAM and are
not disk-bound.

If you are already familiar with nginx, I would stick with proxy_cache
(although you might have to do some futzing with cache_key settings
and gzip if your upstreams are doing compression, and watch out for
the If-None-Match bug mentioned elsewhere on this list).

--
RPM