400 Bad Request errors on a MediaWiki configured to use images from Wikimedia Commons

Brandon Amaro omega13a at fedtrek.com
Wed Jul 14 01:01:39 MSD 2010

First of all, I'm using nginx 0.8.45 and have a wiki on my website
that's configured to use images off of Wikimedia Commons. It saves the
images onto my server and updates them at regular intervals. Most of
these images show up fine, however, images that contain in their names
things like % or anyother characters that aren't used often in file
names give 400 Bad Request errors. Here's an example of what I'm taking
about:
http://urcreative.hobby-site.com/wiki/images/thumb/3/34/25%.svg/9px-25%.svg.png

Its really annoying and if anyone has a fix for this problem, please
tell me.

--
omega13a
Owner and Founder of UFT