Performance difference between if(!-e) and try_files?

Michael Shadle mike503 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 07:16:13 MSD 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 8:04 PM, Peter Portante
<peter.a.portante at gmail.com> wrote:

> We have not measured performance with this change, but just the fact that
> you don't make a log file entry in the error.log is probably a win in and of
> itself, I would think.

I try to use it wherever possible as Igor recommends it but right now
Drupal doesn't cooperate. That's why I am hoping to push this change
forward in Drupal. I thought it would be interesting to know
internally how much is saved. Logfile pollution / possible error
string concatenation is a nice bonus (I know PHP's internal error
logging concatenates the error string and that's why it is good to
never have anything - even notice/info/etc. as it starts degrading
performance on some level)