[Ubuntu 10.04] Install Nginx + PHP5 packages?

Edho P Arief edhoprima at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 20:25:28 MSD 2010

2010/7/15 Jérôme Loyet <jerome at loyet.net>:
> supervisord is a delayed curative solution as it's not integrated in
> the solution. It has to check availability of the solution at a
> certain frequency.

AFAIK supervisord doesn't actually fork anything - it runs daemons it
monitors by creating subprocesses and monitor it directly - removing
need for regular check on pidfiles. (hence I mentioned to take care on
mysql since it ignores quit signal to main process[1] - mysql can only
be stopped by killing the certain process mysqld spawned)

> FPM supports this natively which makes it a real
> time curative solution. More over, FPM can stop requests which take
> too long time, this is a preventing solution also. Definitely FPM is
> the best option. BTW, FPM will be included in the next PHP release
> (5.3.3) which will be available soon (in the next comming weeks).

Depends on the platform - and as long fpm is not in official
repository it'll be difficult to setup especially on certain platforms
(OpenSolaris comes to mind). This should be better after 5.3.3 release
but it'll take some time before getting integrated into distributions
and OSes official repository.

[1] http://supervisord.org/subprocesses.html#pidproxy