nginx and godaddy ssl cert. How to?

Audrey Lee audrey.lee.is.me at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 01:16:20 MSD 2010

Hello nginx people.

I want to use nginx to serve https for my site.

I followed directions given by godaddy to generate a csr file.

I gave $25 and the csr file to godaddy.

They gave me 2 files:

gd_bundle.crt
toadfrog.com.crt

I am curious about what to do with these files.

How do I declare that I want my /etc/nginx/nginx.conf file to use
these 2 crt files?

Also I used a file to help create the csr file which I sent to godaddy.

It call it: toadfrog.key

I used toadfrog.key to create the csr, where do I put toadfrog.key now?

Here is a screendump of me creating the csr with toadfrog.key:

deploy at domU-12-31-38-00-95-21 ~ $
deploy at domU-12-31-38-00-95-21 ~ $ openssl genrsa -des3 -out toadfrog.key 2048
Generating RSA private key, 2048 bit long modulus
....................................+++
...................+++
e is 65537 (0x10001)

Enter pass phrase for toadfrog.key:
Verifying - Enter pass phrase for toadfrog.key:

Then to create the csr:

deploy at domU-12-31-38-00-95-21 ~ $
deploy at domU-12-31-38-00-95-21 ~ $ openssl req -new -key toadfrog.key
-out toadfrog.csr
Enter pass phrase for toadfrog.key:
You are about to be asked to enter information that will be incorporated
into your certificate request.
What you are about to enter is what is called a Distinguished Name or a DN.
There are quite a few fields but you can leave some blank
For some fields there will be a default value,
If you enter '.', the field will be left blank.
-----
Country Name (2 letter code) [AU]:US
State or Province Name (full name) [Some-State]:NV
Locality Name (eg, city) []:Reno
Organization Name (eg, company) [Internet Widgits Pty Ltd]:Toadfrog, Inc.
Organizational Unit Name (eg, section) []:IT

Common Name (eg, YOUR name) []:Audrey Lee
Email Address []:feedback at toadfrog.com

Please enter the following 'extra' attributes
to be sent with your certificate request
A challenge password []:
An optional company name []:
deploy at domU-12-31-38-00-95-21 ~ $
deploy at domU-12-31-38-00-95-21 ~ $

If you have a 2 or 3 minutes, feel free to post some tips or comments.

Thanks