Changing port on which Nginx listens?

Nuno Magalhães nunomagalhaes at eu.ipp.pt
Fri Jul 16 15:57:27 MSD 2010

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 12:45, Gilles Ganault <gilles.ganault at free.fr> wrote:
> At least, I can't think of another cause that would allow a web server
> to be reachable on TCP80 but not on TCP8787 altough "netstat" shows
> that it's up and running.

Telnet to it: on the command line, do telnet localhost 8787, then do
GET / HTTP/1.1 and hit enter twice. You'll see if it's replying or
not, and what. Based on your config, nginx will listen and respond on
8787. Do you have another webserver listening on 80? You can use
netstat -lp to see which service is listening on which port. Use a
simple html file, it'll reply with 200. Check your site's code.

--
()  ascii-rubanda kampajno - kontraŭ html-a retpoŝto
/\  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail