Config help needed

Ian Hobson ian at ianhobson.co.uk
Thu Jul 22 21:12:12 MSD 2010

Hi all,

I am trying, and failing to set up a server to serve phpmyadmin.

This is my config (one of about 30 tried).

server {
     listen 80 default;
     server_name  default.anake.hcs localhost;
     index index.php index.htm index.html;
     root   /var/www/nginx-default/;
     location /doc {
         root   /usr/share;
         autoindex on;
         allow 127.0.0.1;
         deny all;
     }
     location /images {
         root   /usr/share;
         autoindex on;
     }
     #
     # pass the PHP scripts to FastCGI server listening on 127.0.0.1:9000
     #
     location ~ \.php$ {
         set $php_root   $document_root;
              if ($request_uri ~* /phpmyadmin) {
                  set $php_root /usr/share;
              }
         fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME  $php_root$fastcgi_script_name;
         include /etc/nginx/fastcgi.conf;
         fastcgi_pass   127.0.0.1:9000;
     }
     #
     # phpmyadmin - installed in /usr/share/phpmyadmin/index.php etc
     #
     location /phpmyadmin {
         root    /usr/share;
         index   index.php;

Results
/test.php                              Correct. Properly passes
/var/www/nginx-default/tesst.php to fast-cgi and displays the results
/phpmyadmin                        No input file specified. *
*/phpmyadmin/                       No input file specified.
/phpmyadmin/index.php         No input file specified.

I'm using nginx/0.7.67

Help much appreciated

Regards
Ian