DB Relay - NGiNX based open source project

Piotr Sikora piotr.sikora at frickle.com
Fri Jul 23 03:00:00 MSD 2010

Hi Brian,

> Yes, it is blocking currently.  That will be fixed, I've been working
> on the upstream version, just not ready yet.

Please note that just by using ngx_http_upstream_* you won't make it
magically non-blocking, you'll also need non-blocking C libraries
(libdrizzle for MySQL, freetds for SQL Server) and you'll need to use the
non-blocking interfaces (which you don't use right now)... That means that
for MySQL you'll be better off by building on top of ngx_drizzle.

> ngx_drizzle and ngx_postgres weren't around at the time we started
> development

Ah, OK... That would explain it :)

> (I'm looking at ways to build on them if possible since
> they do now exist).

It's almost* possible right now, to be honest you can "implement" dbrelay
using ngx_form_input combined with ngx_drizzle/ngx_postgres.

* almost, because by design neither ngx_drizzle nor ngx_postgres allow you
to specify database login and password on the run-time.

Best regards,
Piotr Sikora < piotr.sikora at frickle.com >