DB Relay - NGiNX based open source project

Brian Bruns brian at bruns.com
Sat Jul 31 17:10:58 MSD 2010

Hi,

FreeTDS (note, I am the original author of FreeTDS) implements the
APIs used by either Sybase or Microsoft which means dblib, ctlib, and
ODBC.  ctlib has support for asynchronous communications but does not
expose the socket file descriptor to the rest of the world, but since
it's open source that could be made to happen, it's just not in the
API presently.

I'm interested in your thinking on using pthreads to work around the
blocking API, I've been using a coprocess communicating over unix
domain sockets to do the same thing (pending conversion to
non-blocking module of course).

Server-side javascript is one idea, the V8 stuff looks very
interesting.  The primary use was for intranet users where the
database credentials were supplied by users, so the credentials
problem was not an issue in that context.

Brian