login.html

Jeff Waugh jdub at bethesignal.org
Tue Jun 1 20:30:30 MSD 2010

<quote who="Scott Behrens">

> I am having an issue with Reverse Proxy to a site that uses login.html as it's
> index page.  I went ahead and used this as my index:
>
>        location / {
>                 proxy_pass  http://10.10.1.158:9080/;
>                 index       login.html;

I doubt proxy_pass cares about index fallbacks -- nginx will serve whatever
the upstream hands back to it based on the request. So... is the *upstream*
correctly configured to use login.html as the default index file? If you're
trying to get around some kind of upstream ugliness, you probably need to do
a redirect to /login.html instead.

- Jeff

--
The Great Australian Internet Blackout   http://www.internetblackout.com.au/

        "We must be proactive, eternally vigilant, forever fighting,
             overwhelmingly clever and handsome." - Robert Love