Feature I'd like to see

xgdlm grangier at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 03:25:47 MSD 2010

Hello

A feature I'd like to see is the ability to use the "include" directive in an upstream block

something like

upstream proxy3011 {
  include "proxy.conf";
}

using a proxy.conf like

server 192.168.0.1 max_fails=5 fail_timeout=10s;
server 192.168.0.2 max_fails=5 fail_timeout=10s;
server 192.168.0.3 max_fails=5 fail_timeout=10s;
server 127.0.0.1 backup;

why ?

At the moment I have a bunch of upstream block using all the same configuration
so adding or removing a server from the list is quite painfull.

Why do I use a bunch of upstream block using the same configuration, for one reason:
Using a single upstream block is quite dangerous in my case. If one application fails then one or more server are set inoperative
for all the application using this upstream. Using one upstream for each application solves this issue

What do you think ?

Regards,

xav