problem after lucid lynx upgrade

Cliff Wells cliff at develix.com
Fri Jun 4 23:30:51 MSD 2010

On Fri, 2010-06-04 at 11:45 -0700, Chris Cortese wrote:
> I tried upgrading from Karmic Koala to Lucid Lynx.  Naturally I had to
> rebuild php 5.3.2 w/php-fpm, and I upgraded nginx from 0.8.35 to 0.8.39.
>
> Now all I can get from any of my nginx dev sites is the "Welcome to
> Nginx" page.
>
> There is nothing logged about any kind of problem, so I'm not too sure
> how to debug.  Any ideas?

You don't say whether you built nginx from source or are installing from
a PPA.

My guess is that the Nginx you are running now is using a different
nginx.conf and probably logging to a different location than previously.
Try 'which nginx' and 'nginx -V' to see if the locations are what you
expect.

Cliff