Can't activate gzip to work accurate in Safari/Chrome

bongtv nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Jun 8 15:15:10 MSD 2010

Hello!
I'm using nginx/0.8.38 and like to use the gzip for the many js and css files on my page. Everything works great in FF, but Safari and Chrome downloads the files never gzipped - even if there is a gzip in the "content-Encoding:gzip" in the header.
My nginx gzip config in the server {} part of the site:

        gzip              on;
        gzip_buffers      16 8k;
        gzip_comp_level   9;
        gzip_http_version 1.1;
        gzip_proxied      off;
        gzip_min_length   0;
        gzip_types        text/plain text/css image/x-icon image/bmp application/x-javascript application/javascript application/json;
        gzip_vary         on;
        gzip_disable      "MSIE [1-6]\.";

i don't know what I can do.
I would love to have a solution!