nginx_http_push_module, messages more than one time...

Alexander Kunz akunz at ntmedia.de
Tue Jun 8 20:34:46 MSD 2010

Hello,

im am running nginx 0.8.38 with nginx_http_push_module. I receive all new
messages more than one time... I receive the messages 5 secounds (this is my
push_message_timeout time) so i think, the push module does not know
that the
message is allready received...  How knows the push_module that the message
is already sent to one client?

Any ideas how i can fix my setup, so that each client receive the
message only once time.

This is my setup:

               location = /broadcast/sub {
                    default_type  text/json;
                   set $push_channel_id $arg_channel;
                   push_subscriber;
                   push_subscriber_concurrency broadcast;
                   push_channel_group broadcast;
               }

               location = /broadcast/pub {
                   set $push_channel_id $arg_channel;
                   push_publisher;
                   push_min_message_buffer_length 5;
                   push_max_message_buffer_length 20;
                   push_message_timeout 10s;
                   push_channel_group broadcast;
               }

I send new messages with curl

     $ch = curl_init($pub_url);
     $data = array('status' => $message);
     curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, Array("Content-Type: text/json"));
     curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
     curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, json_encode($data));
     curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
     $return = curl_exec($ch);
     curl_close($ch);

Thanks for any hints...

Alexander