Force cache refresh

Ole Laursen olau at iola.dk
Thu Jun 17 22:24:44 MSD 2010

Hi!

I'd like to force a refresh of a cache entry - is there any built-in way of
doing that? So the incoming request retrieves a new response from the back-end
and inserts it in the cache even if the previous entry was still valid?

I have some pages that take > 1 s to generate. I'm caching those with
proxy_cache with a timeout of a few minutes. Works fine, but unfortunately the
first client that gets in after a slow period will have to wait. I'd like to be
able to refresh some URLs periodically with a script, keeping the cache warm, so
it's always snappy.

Ole