Nginx and X-Accel-Redirect to serve Quicktime streaming prepared movies

Fernando Perez lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Jun 24 16:01:12 MSD 2010

Fernando Perez wrote:
>> I can't make it yet work with mp4 files (hmmm iphone)
> Argh! So stupid! There is the mp4 module for that!
Hmm it seems the module is made for Flashplayer.

Anyway I tested youtube's html5 feature (h264 videos) and we cannot
scrub the timeline outside of the downloaded zone, so I guess it's a
limitation of Quicktime 7.6.6. Maybe it works with QuicktimeX and
iphones, but as I don't have anything to test I can't confirm.