nginx rewrite rules conditional once again

Rahul Bansal rahul286 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 14:14:44 MSD 2010

> You think in a backward logic. Try a forward logic: what should be done for

Agree with this!

As a general rules, when writing nginx config, we better think from *scratch
*.
It happened to me that I came across some very complex apache rules and
ended up sitting idle because I couldn't find their direct conversion in
nginx.
But then one day, I just analyzed input used and output produced by apache
rules and in few hours I solved that problem is myself.

Switching from apache to nginx is as complex as switching form windows to
linux/mac.
If you start solving any problem with old knowledge you will always find
things difficult.  ;-)

-Rahul