how to get uid_set by userid module in php

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Mon Mar 1 14:05:18 MSK 2010

Hello!

On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 05:15:19AM -0500, lostsnow wrote:

> i set
>
> fastcgi_param  UID_GOT            $uid_got;
> fastcgi_param  UID_SET            $uid_set;
>

> in my nginx configuration file
>
> and enable userid module
> but i can not get uid_set by $_SERVER['uid_set'] in php when a user visit my site first time
> and the uid_set is empty also in access log.
>
> when i delete
>
> fastcgi_param  UID_GOT            $uid_got;
> fastcgi_param  UID_SET            $uid_set;
>

> i can see uid_set value in access log.

Variables $uid_got and $uid_set are only available after userid
filter during sending headers.  This happens before ssi/xslt
filtering (and of course logging), just after headers filter
(which handles expires and add_header).

An attempt to use these variables before they are available will
cache an empty value and you'll won't be able to see real values
at all.