repeat requests

Ryan Malayter malayter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 06:37:54 MSD 2010

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 4:28 PM, matthieu Labour
<matthieu.labour at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am new to nginx.
>
> Can i use nginx to repeat / duplicate incoming requests ...? I understand
> that I can use nginx to load balance ... but in my use case, i need to
> duplicate the request. The incoming request should be routed to server0 AND
> server1. Is it possible with nginx? Thank you for your help
> matt

Assuming such a thing were possible, what could you sensibly do with
two responses to the same request? Send only the first one to the
client? Compare if they are different and send an error if they are?

Or do you want to send only POSTS to multiple back-end systems to keep
them in sync somehow (not a reliable mechanism, as you will miss loads
of requests when a back-end is down)?

--
RPM