FRiCKLE pres. ngx_postgres

Piotr Sikora piotr.sikora at frickle.com
Fri May 7 11:55:36 MSD 2010

Hey,

> Ah, I love that postgres_get_value directive! :D

:)

> But to be honest, I've been planning a ngx_rds_picker filter module
> that can do such "cell picking" in the result sets on the RDS level so
> that specific DB drivers don't have to do it themselves ;)

This seems like a more flexible way to do things, but I don't think that
generating whole RDS response just to get single value out of it is the best
idea ;)

Of course, ideally "cell picking" should be done on the query level, so that
database would return only the value that we are really interested in... But
then comes the caching, so...

Having said that, I'm looking forward to more of your RDS filters :)

Best regards,
Piotr Sikora < piotr.sikora at frickle.com >