Problems using tomcat as a backend

Ryan Malayter malayter at gmail.com
Thu May 20 01:46:22 MSD 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Davide D'Amico
<davide.damico at contactlab.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> i'm using nginx 0.8.37 to proxy an ssl site on a tomcat backend (teamwork
> application).
> When I try to download a file using MSIE 8, I see the error:
> "Internet Explorer cannot download YYYYYY from tw.xxxxxxx.it"

Have you tried a tool like www.fiddler2.com to see what IE8 is
actually getting back from nginx? If it is getting the entire file,
but there is a Vary header present, the old thread mentions that might
be an issue.

We download files using IE8 via an nginx->Tomcat configuration all the
time, and no problems, so it must be something application-specific.

--
RPM