Create a Request from a String

Matthieu Tourne matthieu.tourne at gmail.com
Tue May 25 22:14:51 MSD 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 1:19 AM, Piotr Sikora <piotr.sikora at frickle.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I'm trying to store requests that comes in (let's call it request A), and
>> want to be able to "replay" them later, when another query comes in with a
>> specific argument (request B).
>> I can store the request to memcache, and get it back later. But I can't
>> figure out how to recreate a query from a string.
>>

> You can do this with both: ngx_echo [1] and ngx_lua [2].
>
> You should also read agentzh's post on that matter [3],
> it will answer pretty much all of your questions ;)
>
> [1] http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxHttpEchoModule
> [2] http://github.com/chaoslawful/lua-nginx-module
> [3] http://agentzh.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!FF3A735632E41548!560.entry

Thanks for the pointers, but it doesn't really answer my question.
Agentzh's post shows how to send the content fetched from memcached to the
downstream.

I'm trying to send that content representing a request, to an upstream.
Basically "replaying" a query stored as a string, exactly as if it was
coming from an open socket.

Thank you,

Matthieu.

--