gzip on 7.65 not responding

reference123 nginx-forum at nginx.us
Wed May 26 03:31:32 MSD 2010

I am using version 7.65 on Ubuntu 10 as a reverse proxy.  The backend server is running asp pages on iis6.  I have the following in my nginx conf file -

gzip		 on;
    gzip_disable	 "MSIE [1-6]\.";
    gzip_buffers      	 16 8k;
    gzip_http_version	 1.1;
    gzip_comp_level 	 8;
    gzip_min_length  	 0;
    gzip_vary 		 on;
    gzip_proxied  	 any;
    gzip_types text/plain text/css text/xml text/javascript application/xml application/x-javascript;

When this is on I get the content-encoding gzip header and transfer-encoding chunked.  I do not get a content-length header.  When I check compression by going to a couple of websites that confirm compression they tell me the page is not compressed.

If i turn off the gzip I do not see the gzip and chunked headers but do see content-length.

What do I need to change to get gzip compressing the pages?  The content type of the pages is text/html in almost every case.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,90260,90260#msg-90260