Trouble with ssl_verify_client option

Luit van Drongelen me at luitvd.net
Sat Nov 6 01:28:33 MSK 2010

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 1:14 AM, Luit van Drongelen <me at luitvd.net> wrote:
> Am I expecting the wrong things here, or is server-specific
> ssl_verify_client setting broken here?

My case further simplified:
http { server { listen: 443; ssl on; ssl_verify_client optional;
certificate and key stuffs; }} # DOESN'T WORK
vs.
http { ssl_verify_client: optional; certificate and key stuffs;
server{listen: 443; ssl: on; }} # WORKS FINE

This is the same for ssl_verify_client: on, where the "doesn't work"
means it'll just stop any request.
So are my expectations of ssl_verify_client wrong, or would this be a bug?

Regards,
Luit van Drongelen <me at luitvd.net>