Nginx - SMTP no authentication

blurp pasglop zelebool at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 20:00:18 MSK 2010

Hello

I have an nginx proxy smtp and on backend an criticalpath servers.
I want to configure nginx to do :
   auth if if my client is configured to do auth
   no auth if my client doesn't do this

I want to redirect the clients to the good backend ( with an LDAP server ),
and read in plain text the password.

I configure first with :
*1) smtp_auth* *login plain cram-md5 ;
The authentication is OK but necessary ( the no authentication does no work
)
2) **smtp_auth* *login plain;
the authentication is not OK because the mail is delivered if the password
is not the good password
The nginx proxy doesn't do the authentication with the backend server
3)**smtp_auth* *login plain cram-md5 none;
the mail is always delivered ( godd password or not )
**The nginx proxy doesn't do the authentication with the backend server*

is there an example of good nginx.conf?

Sincerely your